We prefer to use salvaged materials whenever possible to lessen this burden on the environment. We have developed relationships with architectural salvage retail stores in our area (see our Partners page) where customers can find unique items. Salvaged wood, brick, marble, tile, lighting, sinks, doors, trim, cabinets, tubs etc. can be used for most projects. These products can be refinished and restored to their original charm. Original wood sash windows can be rebuilt for maximum efficiency (single paned glass replaced w/ factory-sealed, double-paned, insulated unit and window jamb is insulated for maximum efficiency). The quality of these materials is unmatched and will give your home unique character. All windows meet the new 2009 energy star guidelines.
When new materials are needed (or preferred by our clients), we recommend sustainable, high-efficiency and eco-friendly products. Examples include:
- High-efficiency insulation including blow-in insulation (made from recycled news paper, fiberglass and soy)
- Sustainable flooring (hardwood, bamboo, cork, etc.)
- Energy Star rated HVAC, appliances, windows, doors and roofs
- Solar-powered hot water heaters
- Tile, countertops, flooring, etc. made from recycled or sustainable products
- Dual-flush toilets to reduce water consumption
Don't throw out that old sink, bathtub, solid wood door or original trim. If you plan to remove original material from your home, please call us first! Landfills are full of classic American architecture. We will save you time and money by removing these items from your home at no cost or we can give you an estimate to repair or refinish the item(s).